I am soo glad you enjoyed the sausage and hot sauce! I know you guys had a blast and I am soo jealous about the oysters! I haven't had oysters in a long time and seriously craving some! If you have any suggestions about a good place or places in NOLA I am ALL EARS!
New Years morning I cooked eggs in a hole for Rachel. It was the funniest thing while she was watching me cook. You would have thought I was performing magic tricks or something she was so amazed haha.
She loved them! I also made some grits out of Anson Mills grits which I must say were the best I have ever had!
I recently went and visited an old college friend of mine and was lucky enough to score some fresh local red and green cabbage! My mom use to make me a dish when I was younger called Kielbasa and Cabbage. I know Kielbasa is polish for "sausage" and from what I read it is traditionally served with onions, red potatoes, and cabbage. So I cooked it the way mom use to for me in one pot. It came out just the way I remember it! Its not the prettiest dish but on a cold rainy day it was perfect! One thing I have to say that I LOVE about food is the ability to create something that makes you feel like a child again from your own hands but taught to you by the one who created that memory for you in the first place.
Reading Modernest diligently.... I promise. I am on Viruses and trying to keep up and retain something. : )
How are you doing with those baker's percentages. You got your mind around that, or do you still need a hand? (They were required learning at my cooking school...)
ReplyDeleteI think I got a fairly good grip on them. I will definitely come to you if I have any specific questions!
ReplyDelete