Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Gifts and a Happy New Year

To start, I just wanted to report that I have officially begun reading the Fisherman's Ocean.  I have so far gotten through only the preface and 10 pages of the first chapter, and its been a long day, so I have to relax now, but I will definitely be devouring this one.  I have no fishing mentor, I am kinda self-taught, so I need all the help I can get.  Thanks to li'l Swamp Fox for the thoughtful gift.



Speaking of Christmas gifts from li'l Swamp Fox, I would like to report that on New Year's D and I had Adam and Bobby (and later my parents) over for champagne and oysters.  We ate an entire bushel of Canada Cups in about 4 hours.  However, as anyone knows, oysters are delicious but not all that filling, so we took a pack of pork andouille and a pack of deer sausage (both gifts from my Lake Charles li'l sister) and boiled them up with some potatoes, pearl onions, bay leaves, and a downright unhealthy amount of Slap Ya Mama seafood boil.  Just for good measure, we added in the juice of all the oysters we shucked, which was a lot.  Thank you much for your generosity, it was delicious.

Also thanks to whoever cleaned up after dinner, because I don't, specifically speaking, remember going to bed.  But I must have, cause that's where I woke up.

January, its study time!

No comments:

Post a Comment